Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tomorrow, A New Dawn.

The sun's rising in the morning heralds the end of one chapter, and the beginning of another. When I wake up in the morning, I wake up as something else, no more just the post-A-levels bummer, but a temporary teacher in my alma mater, DJ. Sometimes its just good to be back and know that the people back home still want you. I guess that's why homes are so important to us - we need a place where we can go back to and know that someone out there, still needs us. We would be nothing but passionless shells, drifting through existence, if there were no one in our lives that needed us. At the very least, I know I feel that way.

Melancholy grips me again this evening as after watching Sweeny Todd: the Demon Barber from Fleet Street.


No doubt that it is a really good musical - Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were wonderfully casted in their haunting roles perfectly, and it all came together as this tragic story which ends so painfully sweet. The ending was just so painfully tragic, and it reminded me of a bedtime story I once told someone I loved so deeply - the story of the Little Tin Boy and the Little Tin girl, who met once again in the blacksmith's fire.

The Story of the Little Tin Boy and the Little Tin Girl

But that is a bedtime story for another day.

Even when life throws you its biggest punch to the face, we must remember that we can choose to be happy, even when we're fighting to push the tears back.


I want to smile like that once again. Hope tomorrow brings about change for the better.

0 comments: